I really enjoyed what I learned from this course. It’s good to know there are so many useful software and web resources for classroom use, like the Microsoft Office series; the Brochure Publisher, Inspiration, Blog and Webquest. Before this class, I only used very few of these new technologies. Hopefully, after learning how to use these new technologies for the classroom teaching, I will be able to make more use of these technologies in my class.
Now that there are so many new technologies you can choose for your classroom use, one question I have been thinking is how to select the best media and technology for a specific class. Obviously, you will not want to use all the available technologies in your class because that is going to confuse your students if this is a technology class or a class about the subjects you are going to teach. You also don’t want to use no technology in your classroom since you know the use of new media and technologies can help increase the efficiency of teaching and learning. So you will need to think what technologies are appropriate to be used in your class.
In my opinion, the answer to the question goes back to what you are going to teach. That is to say, you will always select the type of media and technologies that suit best for your teaching subject and student’s learning style. For instance, if you are teaching a history or social study class, you may want to teach your students how to use webquest to find online resources. For another instance, if your class involves a lot of in-class and after-class group work and discussions, you may want to set up a blog for your class so you and your students have a very good communication platform.
No comments:
Post a Comment