Saturday, July 7, 2007

Blog is a communication tool!

Blog is a good communicaiton tool in Education. It is a bridge to connect different people involoved in the teaching and learning process. Between the student and teacher, student can get learning resources from the teacher's blog, such as class syllabus, class readings and/or class assignments. For the teachers, they can get student's feedback from the class blog where student post their thoughts. Between student and student, students can learn new things by reading through different posts in the blog that are posted by their fellow students. Also, students can form groups in the blog to disscuss different study topics just like what they do in the classroom. Between the teacher and parents, blog is also a good communicaiton tool, because parents can get various information related to their children's study from the blog, such as the class plan and their children's feedback on certain topics. When parents have any concerns about the class, they can also directly post their questions on the blog and get the response from the teaher. In addition, parents can also join the discussion on the blog to further understand their children's thoughts. Finally, blog also helps teacher and students to connect with other persons who may help in their teaching and learning. For example, teacher can put the links to other person's blog where useful learning resources may be found on the class blog, so students wil be able to access to those persons' blogs and get to know more.

3 comments:

Mr. Smith said...

Great insight...I'm really impressed with what you're putting into this. I'm visioning mine in mid-September when it is 'beefier'

Kevin

LizK said...

Your entry is very similar to what I wrote about using blogs for a classroom! I like the idea of using the blog to communicate with the parents. On some days I get the "helicopter parents" hovering around my classroom askiing about their children's assignments. With the use of a class blog, those days are over! I think it is a nice idea to set aside a section just for parents. I just hope that every home has an access to Internet connection and every parent has an opportunity to interact on the class blog.

Emily said...

Fang-

I posted similar ideas for use of a blog but one thing in particular stood out to me in your posting and that is the use of a blog for parent questions.

I like the idea but I would be a bit concerned about the tact of some of the parents in my class. I would be worried that some might post things that should be confidential or things that aren't appropriate in some way for the whole class to see.

Are you concerned about this at all? Thanks for the posting, it inspired me to do some deeper thinking. :-)